It is not necessary to be fasting for this determination. The results usually follow within 48 hours.
Vitamin B Complete - What is it?This blood test measures vitamin B12 in the blood. Vitamin B12 (cobalamin) is needed for production of red blood cells so that you can transport oxygen optimally. In the event of a deficiency, you may initially experience similar symptoms to anemia: fatigue. In addition, vitamin B12 plays an important role in the proper functioning of the nervous system, so neurological complaints such as tingling are often associated with a deficiency.
This test is excellent for measuring the effect of vitamin B vitamin supplements or vitamin pills. It sometimes happens that you unintentionally have too much vitamin B value.
What do we determine?
Vitamin B12Vitamin B12 (cobalamin) is necessary for the production of red blood cells and proper functioning of the nervous system. It is almost exclusively found in animal products, so vegans are recommended to get tested if they have symptoms. With a deficiency you will experience tingling, fatigue, dizziness, memory loss and muscle weakness.
When to choose this test?Choose this vitamin B12 blood test when:
- You want to know what the effect of vitamin supplements or vitamin pills is
- You have been feeling tired for a while and think it is due to vitamin B12 deficiency
- You suffer from fatigue, hair loss, skin abnormalities, tingling in the fingers
- You have complaints of anemia (pale vision, dizziness, palpitations, fatigue)
- You are vegan and you want to know your vitamin B12 value